Responsible Care New Zealand represents approximately 85% of New Zealand's major manufacturers and importers of hazardous substances.
Our focus on superior SH&E performance attracts a diverse membership that also includes the armed forces, state-owned enterprises, local authorities, legal practices, distributors, retailers, transport operators and hospitals.
We work with our members in partnership with government and the community to exceed their expectations for SH&E protection by:
- Monitoring and continuously improving our SH&E protection policies and compliance initiatives.
- Providing technical advice and expertise, particularly in respect to safely managing hazardous substances.
- Maintaining a centre of technical excellence.
- Operating CHEMCALL®, our 24-hour, 365 day emergency response service.
- Contributing to the development of SH&E protection legislation and national performance standards.
- Promoting our unique PRINCE© accreditation scheme as a primary means of recognising excellence in complying with SH&E protection legislation.
- Facilitating national and international industry harmonisation and networking opportunities.
- Developing and delivering the necessary codes of practice and related products tailored to meet our clients needs.
- Maintaining New Zealand's participation in the international chemical community.